Thursday, September 1, 2011

A Conversation with Nicholas Maggio


I recently got the chance to interview one of my favorite photographers, Nicholas Maggio, for Pluck Magazine.

I got to ask him why he's so frickin awesome and other similar intellectual and incredibly well thought-out questions that blew his mind.

Here's a snippet of the interview:
"PM: In your opinion, what makes your photos unique?

NM: I'd like to think the purity. Not so much in the digital or post process aspect, but in the subject matter. I guess the above question speaks to this as well.

PM: Of your work thus far, is there a particular image that stands out in your mind as your favorite or most memorable? Why?

NM: A few Christmases ago my nephew got a space suit. He promptly tried it on and I asked if I could take his picture in the front yard. The image became one of my all-time favorites. The sense of innocence in the bare-feet and excitement of a new toy; the candidness of the image; the textures; the light; and the fact I took it on my phone are all reasons why I love it. I've sold prints of it and a huge retailer out it on a shirt and sold it in over 850 stores across the U.S. I still love it."

Head over to Pluck to read the rest and be sure to check out his portfolio here.

No comments:

Post a Comment