Thursday, April 7, 2011

Stars Take Away Show


I couldn’t resist posting this Stars Blagotheque Take Away Show after seeing that it took place at Specs, one of my favorite bars in my ol’ stomping grounds of San Francisco.

Stars plays a nice little acoustic version of “Your Ex-Lover is Dead” and “Haunted.” Intimate and melancholy, this mini concert lacks the joyful exuberance of some of Blagotheque’s other shows.

I suppose it largely has to do with the fact that unlike their other shows they are not walking or travelling and instead in the back of a quiet bar. It also appears to be a weeknight where the patrons are silently nursing a beer and heavily involved in private conversations, rather than reveling in the performance.

Regardless, this Take Away Show is still worth watching.

On a side note this makes me absurdly nostalgic for the bay. Sigh.


Stars from La Blogotheque on Vimeo.
A Take Away Show

No comments:

Post a Comment