Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Miniature Tigers - Dino Damage and Cannibal Queen




I know these guys have been out for a while now, so if you know all about them please bear with me. But for those of you who don’t, be sure to check out California based Miniature Tigers. I saw them live when they opened for The Morning Benders when they came through DC and they definetely knew how to get a crowd going. The lyrics are hysterical. They are infused with morbid humor and it seems like lead singer and guitarist Charlie Brand went through some awful breakup and he’s working out his frustration through his lyrics. However, fortunately for us he’s got a great sense of humor about it and it’s not some weep-fest, whiney, fuck you filled ode to his lost love. Instead we have a great album about the frustrations of an awkward and genuine guy trying to figure out what it’s all about.

On a personal note, I had had quite a few drinks during and after the show and the band was hanging out at the relatively empty bar. The lead singer came over to strike up a conversation, and I think I scared him off after I drunkenly ranted about  life in DC in a really emphatic manner. If you ever for some reason read this, I’m not a total weirdo.



No comments:

Post a Comment