Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Introducing: Some Shit I Saw and Then Took Pictures Of


My photography has been a bit homeless of late. Ever since the explosive growth of DeviantArt resulted in a massive surge of anime, emo teen poetry, and cosplay photos, I’ve hardly had the inclination to post on my old account.

But seeing as I have this handy dandy blog now, I figured I might as well turn it into a place for shameless self-promotion for my photography from time to time. Kind of like a grown-ups virtual refrigerator.

Anyhoo, I was on the roof of my apartment the other day and noticed the sun was casting these fantastic shadows across these pipes. Someone had recently thrown a rager up there and it seems they got a bit wild with tape and started wrapping these pipes. Lucky for me though, because it certainly added an extra air of mystery to these pipes. What are they for? Why are they there? Also, why do they have the curved openings?

There’s probably a very straightforward explanation for it like they’re steam valves with hooked openings to prevent water from falling in. But that’s boring. Instead I like to think of them as tunnels leading into a magical world filled with giant turtles that throw their shells at you, talking mushrooms, and Italian plumbers.


No comments:

Post a Comment