Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Photos From Egypt



The New York Times has put together a powerful slideshow detailing the joy, the fear, and the resilience of protestors, who for 18 days rallied for democratic reforms. They bravely withstood violence, uncertainty, and overwhelming opposition to triumph.

With the recent overthrow of Ben Ali in Tunisia and Mubarak in Egypt, the fight for democracy has spread to Bahrain, Iran, and Yemen. May these protest movements be the harbinger of real democratic reforms rather than a descent into further chaos or despotism.

Enough political talk for me here, I do enough of that in my day job so I’m not going to turn this into a political forum.

Instead, just enjoy the damn pictures. There is so much raw emotion in these photographs it helps convey the historical significance of what is unfolding.

Below are a few that I thought were profoundly thought provoking. See the rest here.



No comments:

Post a Comment