Thursday, March 17, 2011

AA Loves: We Are Trees



Not quite folk, not quite rock, check out “Colorado” from Virginia based We Are Trees aka James Nee.

I have to say that I’ve been listening to crap tons of new bands these days, and I’ve been a bit frustrated with the lack of positive aural sensations hitting my eardrums. Fortunately, listening to We Are Trees was like a breath of fresh air that has restored my faith in music once more.

Taken from his upcoming Girlfriend EP, “Colorado” is alarmingly good. His vocals glide gracefully over powerful drums and intricate guitar lines to create a surprisingly emotionally stirring effect.

Without a doubt, We Are Trees is by far my favorite musical discovery of late.

The EP is set to be released shortly, so keep your eyes peeled.

Also don’t forget to listen to his debut EP Boyfriend. Beautiful soundscapes filled with folksy guitar melodies, lush strings, and powerful drum lines wash over beautifully intimate lyrics.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment