Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Lover Lover – Freebirds


I’m in love with Eleanor Bodenham’s voice of Lover Lover.

I honestly wish I could come up with beautiful prose to describe how much I enjoy their sound, but the description that the band has posted is so eloquently written that I cannot help but quote it in awe.

“Eleanor’s folk-curled, crystalline voice is wrapped in shimmering electronics, chiming guitars, dusty beats and classic, soaring songs. If Beach House met the Eurythmics on a late-summer’s road trip, it might sound like this, all polaroid-faded and sunset-red with the wide-eyed innocence of a John Hughes film. It’s dazzling pop, heartache-on-the-dancefloor, wanderlust dreams, an echo of another time – digitised, modernised and mechanised.”
Seriously what a beautiful description…I mean come on, “heartache-on-the dancefloor, wanderlust dreams, an echo of another time” – amazing!

Listen to Freebirds and feel free to fall in love with her voice too, don’t worry I won’t mind, I’m not the jealous type.

Lover Lover - Freebirds by Cross Keys Records

No comments:

Post a Comment