Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Nice Weather For Ducks – 2012


To be honest, I can’t say I know much about Nice Weather for Ducks other than what I’ve been able to transcribe from their site into poorly worded English.

According to Google Translate, as I don’t speak The Portuguese, their sound is inspired by the coming Mayan apocalypse in 2012 and they’re currently building an ark with preferential placement to those with generators.

Apocalypse or not, I’m definitely hopping on a party boat with Nice Weather For Ducks. Taken from their aptly named album Quack, “2012” is a bit like Freelance Whales backed by a 16-bit video game system. Lush layers of sound wriggle and collide with one another to form a cuddly pile of expansive Indie pop.

Check out the video for "2012" below.


No comments:

Post a Comment