Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Widowspeak – Ballad Of the Golden Hour


Excuse me as I pick my jaw up from off the floor, the sultry sounds of Widowspeak has filled me with far too much indecent happiness.

Channeling the sizzling sex appeal of a forlorn Nancy Sinatra, Widowspeak is the perfect backdrop for a Sergio Leone film. Dusty roads, lost loves, empty bottles of bourbon – Brooklyn’s Widowspeak churns out evocative emotional rides through the desert.

This is seriously amazing ish and the good news is that they've got a brand new album, Almanac, due out on January 22 via Captured Tracks.

Have a listen to the first single off their new album "Ballad of the Golden Hour," a guitar-driven Fleetwood Mac-tinted tale of time and yearning, as well as my personal favorite, "Gun Shy," which is clearly from the Lee Hazelwood and Nancy Sinatra School of Awesome.



No comments:

Post a Comment