Thursday, August 26, 2010

"U Smile 800 Percent Slower" Justin Bieber WTF?




Never in my life did I ever think that I was going to post anything by Justin Bieber (no I won’t even link to him and yes I refused to put a picture) on this blog. At first, I had written a long diatribe about the state of contemporary music and Justin Bieber, but I ended up deleting it. I’m not sure there’s a point anymore in saying what everyone knows, or at least I would hope you knew. More importantly, I don’t think you’d be here if you were a fan of Justin Bieber.

Anyhoo, as usual I digress. The reason for this post is actually, a wonderful experiment that NPR brought to my attention. It seems that DJ Shamantis took Justin Bieber’s “U Smile” and slowed it down 8 times. Amazingly, he transformed a terrible song into a gorgeous 35 minute choir piece. The results are strange, but eerily enchanting. Gone are the crappy lyrics and over produced synthetic sounds, instead you get a swelling orchestra that plays beautifully with the cherub sweet sounds of a massive choir.

I could easily see this remix fitting easily into the score of some period piece movie. Say Elizabeth: The Golden Age in the scene where she strides the cliffs in the predawn hours before the impending attack by the Spanish Armada, whilst clad in flowing white gauze as she stares off into the distance.

But seriously, check it out below. It’s really odd how this highly produced 3 minute pop song could become this rousing celestial choir masterpiece.

J. BIEBZ - U SMILE 800% SLOWER by Shamantis

No comments:

Post a Comment