Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christopher Walken's True Romance Monologue [Watch]



So I finally got around to watching True Romance the other day – only about 17 years too late – and holy crap what a fantastic movie. What really caught my attention was Christopher Walken’s unbelievable monologue, which is saying a lot considering the exceptional acting of Gary Oldman and Patricia Arquette.

In particular, his introductory remarks to Dennis Hopper are absurdly good. His delivery is flawless. Full of confidence, swagger, and restrained malice, it’s hard to think of another scene that contains as much understated violence as this.

Plus, let’s not forget Tarantino’s amazing writing: “I'm the anti-christ. You get me in the vendetta kinda mood, you tell the angels in heaven you've never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you. My name is Vincent Cacardia, I work as counsel for Mister Blue Lou Boyle.”

Enough from me, check out the clip below.

No comments:

Post a Comment