Friday, September 3, 2010

AA Blog Crush: Man Repeller


After countless embarrassing moments and egregious faux pas (plural), I’ve lost my dignity long ago. Naturally, I have a lot of respect for those who are equally if not more unabashed in outrageously sharing their thoughts and are willing to speak their mind. Hence, my latest blog crush on The Man Repeller.

Her writing is absolutely hilarious and she’s got some of the most ridiculous lines I’ve heard in a long time. Instead of just being another fashion blog, she relentlessly mocks outrageous trends in women’s fashion and spares no one. Her angle and tagline are hilarious. Man repelling, which she defines as, “a woman's choice to outfit herself in a sartorially offensive but equally fashion forward way. This in turn leads her to repel members of the opposite sex. Such garments include but are not limited to harem pants, boyfriend jeans, overalls (see: human-repelling), shoulder pads, full length jumpsuits, jewelry that resembles violent weaponry and clogs. Most common offenders are often present during Fashion Week and in MC Hammer music videos.”

Here’s just a lovely sampling of her wicked sense of humour:

Opening Ceremony is where the sexually active vagina goes to die.
............
I was a bit reluctant to buy it at first, but then I put my leopard print stuffed animal jacket over it and the definition those pads added to my jacket had my lady boner erecting full throttle.
............
Also, I was hand-made in the USA.
……..
Rawr, hello snorkling sex monster of the sea!
............
My NYFW invite request reads like this: Hi, I blame you for my current relationship status but will accept invitation to your show.
………
New hashtag suggestion from @rachelstrugatz: #TOT for touch of tran(ny).
………
Recent Google searches include: Megan Fox thumbs
……..
I've worn these high waisted shorts from Calypso on several dates with several (read: two) men. You may be asking yourself why I chose to wear anything high waisted on a first date. Well, fella Repellas, I was under the impression that Calypso couldn't dick-deflect if it tried. I was wrong and alas, my affinity for spermiciding continues.
............
But perhaps my all time favorite post has got to be this post where she has an elaborate Fox News-esque guilt by association equation that leads from a green fuzzy purse to cat pajamas. It’s amazing – if not for its infallible logic, then for its hilarious pictures.

Also let's not forget her startling observation that Anna Wintour and Dora the Explorer share the same haircut. I’m not sure who Anna Wintour is, but like any other 8 year old hispanic girl I love any comparison with Dora the Explorer.

No comments:

Post a Comment