Thursday, September 2, 2010

Easy Rider, "The Weight," and the Open Road


Note: Youtube has such a churlish disposition today! It won’t let me embed the video that is the central part of the post. So you’ll just have to click the damn link instead to see what I’m referring to. Here, here, or any of the previous links.

My best friend sent this music video of The Band's "The Weight" from Easy Rider to me recently, and I haven’t stopped watching it. The open road is on my mind and I desperately want to make a road trip out West. Something about packing all my crap up and just driving sounds so liberating right now. And of course, there is nothing more American than drving through the Southwest. The red clay, the desert, and the complete solittude along those roads is one of the most exhilarating experiences I have ever felt in my life. Damn, I miss campaigning in New Mexico and driving 4 hours drives to get from one office to another.

I suppose, it’s no surprise that this video captures those exhilarating feelings so well. Easy Rider + The Band = Road Trip Heaven

No comments:

Post a Comment