Friday, September 10, 2010

Songs that scream AMERICA!

I suppose I’m a bit off in terms of this celebration of Americana culture as 4th of July has long since passed, but then again this week also marks September 11th, which is a damn good reason to wave our flags and come together as a nation. I won’t get started on those who are currently opposing the mosque near Ground Zero for fear of rupturing a vein in my forehead – I’m terribly vain (oh badump chh) but seriously stress is awful for wrinkles.

Tangents aside, here is my America Fuck Yea Playlist. Well not so much a playlist as it is a list of songs with links that have been cobbled together haphazardly. I realize that this list is absurd and has pretty much no coherence, let alone stick to a common theme other than the loosely organized concept of songs that sound American or connote a specific time in our history, primarily the 1960’s and beyond. Well, whatever this is my blog and I can put together odd song lists if I want to. So ha!

Toby Keith - I Love This Bar



I’m not sure what the hell kind of bar Toby Keith is singing about because in reality it sounds like the worst bar known to man. With alcoholics, strippers, hookers, psychotic killers, and no minorities, I’m not sure I want to be there, but I sure as hell want to sing about it.

Willie Nelson - Poncho and Lefty



Credence Clear Water Revival – Up Around The Bend



Jimi Hendrix – All Along The Watchtower



Black Keys – Just Got To Be



Rolling Stones - Street Fighting Man



I know I know, they’re not American. Well technically, Jimi Hendrix didn’t become popular until he was signed by a British record label and got big in Europe first. But whatever, this is my list and I can do whatever I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment